1. Unexpected hugs from that kid.
2. The funny things our kids say and do.
Because seriously, who else can tell you that a kid looked them up and down, head to toe, and then asked if you were having a mid-life crisis at the age of 26 because you are wearing green pants?
Oh and also that when you are pregnant you should not eat Mexican food because it's spicy and it will make the baby explode out.
Or when you tell a kid that he was a small baby because he was premature and he responds by saying, "Yeah, I know I'm mature, I'm the most mature one in here!"
Or you put on a song to sing about the water cycle and a kid covers their ears and screeches "Ooohh, my ears are bleeeding."
I could go on for pages.
3. It's one of the few professions where dressing in character is completely and totally acceptable.
4. Seriously huge, undestroyable bladders. You won't see us doing "the dance".
5. You always have flair pens laying around. In you purse. In your coat pocket. Behind your ear. In the car. You never know when you'll need those suckers.
6. Immune system of a beast
8. Pinterest counts as professional development... or wait, maybe it doesn't.
9. When you're a teacher, you always have craft supplies on hand.
10. Principal Gerry Brooks
Why else does teaching rock?