Thursday, October 3, 2013

Hip Hip Hooray, Today is your day!

Who loves comfy chairs?  If you are anything like me, you LOVE them and love to have lots of these around your classroom for student seating.  Like most teachers who have chairs in their room, I had a rotation chart.  20 kids names on a list, with a clip that indicated who got the special chairs that day.  It was one students job to move the clips each afternoon.  It worked well...for a little bit.  Until that student got sick or they forgot to do their job or we ran out of time and were packing up in turbo time. 



Then I heard lots of, "She sat their YESTERDAY, its MY turn... So and so didn't switch the chart, can I?... He SKIPPED me!!"  Can you hear those little voices in your head right now? 

I finally decided to try to come up with a new way that would be easier on everyone and I'm here to share it with you today!...

In my classroom, I have 5 tables that seat 4 students a piece.  I have 4 comfy chairs, and 4 crates.. hmmmm...  1 table a day on the chairs, 1 on the crates, rotate each day.... they each get 1 day a week on the chair and 1 day a week on the crate!  WINNING! Perfect Plan.  Oh wait, I could even use it as an incentive.  The table with the most points at the end of the day gets the chairs the next day.  Double Winning!  Hooray to starting new routines 9 weeks in #teacherprobs (Yes I just hashtagged ... I know, it's getting annoying)

I decided I would start by giving each table 2 chair days per week.  Once on the chairs, Once on the crates.  The chair is theirs ALL DAY!  Here are the little tents I made to put on their tables when their day has arrived!  They will be so excited!   (Click on the picture to download! It has lots of different versions and even a version where you can add your own reward or special activity after "You get to"




What ways do you make life in the classroom easier on yourself?




No comments:

Post a Comment