Sunday, October 14, 2012

Silly Kids...

This blogging is hard to keep up on when you are so exhausted at the end of the day!  I will try to do a better job at keeping up.. I'm just getting back into the groove after 3 weeks off!  Can't gain followers unless I keep on posting right?!! :)

Anyway- I jut wanted to share my latest laugh from one of my little second graders..  As we were leaving from school on Friday, headed to the car rider line, this is the conversation....

Student: "Ms G, You're a hero"
Me: "Well that's very sweet of you, why do you think I'm a hero?"
Student: "Because you are a teacher, and teachers help make us smart..... AND help us stay out of puddles!"

So apparently, asking students to stay out of mud puddles on the playground makes you a hero!  


I've also finished posting all the student friendly "I Can statements" for 2nd grade for each of the ELA common core strands.  I sell them individually and as a pack (You can buy the pack for just $6, but if you buy them separately, you'll spend $12) So here's the link to the pack of them.  If you want just one specific strand, you can go to my store and find them there!

Happy Sunday! :)




1 comment:

  1. That quote made me laugh right out loud! Glad those kiddos have you to keep them out of puddles! When I did my student teaching in second grade, I kept a document called "Kids Say the Darndest Things" where I would keep track of memorable quotes and conversations.

    Hi there!
    I've never heard of Glogster.edu but I will certainly be checking it out! I'm always looking for ways to get kids talking about books - and this sounds like a wonderful option!

    By the way, the reason I stopped by your blog was to say that I have "boo'd" you! Stop by my blog and see - and then "boo" someone else :)
    http://joyinthejournney.blogspot.com/2012/10/ive-been-bood.html

    ReplyDelete