Thursday, May 16, 2013

Dry Erase Pocket {L.O.V.E.}

A few weeks ago, I received these little beauties in the mail...




Check out those dry erase pockets.  Aren't they lovely?  Now, I know what you're thinking.  "I have these! It's called laminated papers or pocket sleeves!"  But trust me, it is not the same.  I wish I had a picture of all my laminated Math stations that students used this year. They are hideous to say the least.  Many only used for a week or 2 at the most.  The marker never completely erases, it smudges, and then that beautiful activity that I spend countless amount of time laminating and cutting is ruined.  And if you are crazy like me, you'll just throw them out & start again next year because they just don't look pleasant.

Not with these babies... nope!  The marker erases perfectly!  And it is SO easy to just slip in any paper on the drop of a dime.  No going to the workroom or heating up my laminator only to find out that I ran out of lamination sheets & now I have to go the store because I really need this tomorrow but dinners in the oven and the kids are ready for bed... None of that! 

My favorite thing to use them for is my math work stations, of course...



Once we learn an activity as a whole class, I then just slip a copy of the activity into a few of the pockets and viola, a new math station! 

The best thing about these?  I only have 5 and we can use them ALL day for multiple things!  We have been learning all about poetry.  Once they all have written one poem of the type we are learning about, I leave one copy of the planning sheet in our writing section.  If they want to write a poem in that form, they slip out the math sheet, and slip in the planning sheet.  Plan, Copy into writing journal, Erase, Done! No wasted paper.

If you are a tree hugger like me, this is like heaven!

I'm totally order a class set for next year.  I can imagine using them for SO many things.  I'm getting excited just thinking of the amount of paper I'm going to save!  Seriously, if you don't have these.. you should head on over to My Binding & consider ordering even just a few.  They are worth it!




1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with everything you just said! LOVE these!!
    Ѽ Lori
    Teaching With Love and Laughter
    luvyorkies@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete