Monday, May 6, 2013

Happy Birthday Chickies!

I am proud to announce that we have 18 new little babies in our room...


 
How cute are they?!
 
I totally did not expect to walk in this morning to an incubator FULL of chicks, but that's what happened.  Unfortunately, we didn't actually get to watch the hatching in action, but the kiddos were super excited anyway.  Actually, one of my boys walked in, heard chirps, and fell on the floor because it scared him.. too funny!  Surprisingly, the kids handled the distraction pretty darn well today! I was impressed. 
 
Well, since we welcome our babies into the world today, we did some fun chick activities.  I think my favorite is their writing through the eyes of their chick.  They each chose a chick, named him/her, then wrote about their journey into the world.  They are turning out so cute.  My kiddos are so creative and I can't wait to share them with you!
 
For now, enjoy the super cuteness of our 18 little hatchlings!
 

 
 Reading to them!  They enjoyed some poems by Jack Prelutsky and Shel Silverstein!
 
The one with the black spots was named "Spotty" of course.  How clever.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment