Saturday, February 2, 2013

February Currently!

I always love the beginning of a new month so I can link up with Farley at Oh' Boy Fourth Grade for the currently!


I love How I Met your Mother!! They are moving onto their last season so we are FINALLY going to figure out how!  Wohoo

I got an IPAD mini from school because of the new NC legislation for K-3 reading assessments.  My school has used Fountas and Pinnell only since last year and we spent A LOT of money on those assessments so it really sucks that we had to spend all this money for the new assessment guidelines {Where's my raise?- Oh yes, it's going to support the ridiculous legislation...I should stop before I begin rambling. I'll just leave it with this...

 }

Anywho- now everyone in the state has to use Reading 3D & mClass for reading assessments.  I know most schools use this so only about 40% of the state has to jump on board, but what we were doing was working so I don't understand why we have to change it.  The only good thing that came out of this is my new IPAD mini which is pretty awesome.

I really need to run!! I just have so much to do and it's been so darn cold that I've been slacking

My girl scout cookies are in the cabinet, but if I get up then I'd have to uncover myself and then I'd be sooo cold.  I can't decide whether it would be worth it. Oh by the way, THANK YOU Puxatawney Phil for NOT seeing your shadow. Hooray Spring!!

I don't really *Need* anything right now, though there are a lots of things I want! :)

And dirty tabletops!! They drive me N-U-T-S.  My kids know that if they have stuff all over their table, I'm going to make them clean it up so they may as well just keep it clean.  I'm not talking about the work their doing, just that clutter of papers not being used, pencils not in a box, snack crumbs.  One of my darlings is quite messy and her desk drives me Ca-razy... It's hard to even go over to her desk :\

It's not only messy/dirty tabletops at school that drive me up the wall.  It's anywhere!  If there are crumbs on the dinner table (especially when we are eating), I'm wiping them up an cleaning the table.  I don't know why, but I just can't stand it.  Weird, I know!

Well- that is all for now folks!  Don't forget to head on over to my store and take advantage of the Super Sunday Sale!  My store is on sale Today-Monday but you can only get the 28% discount on Sunday with the code "Super."



9 comments:

  1. I love that "sticker" - that quote is 100% true!!!
    Jessica
    Ideas By Jivey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley,

    Your blog is so fun! I'm looking forward to keeping up with you, too!

    Your "sticker" is SO TRUE! Our governor (Ohio) just rolled out his new plan to put a bunch of moolah back into the schools (I think it's the money he took away a couple of years ago). I hope my district uses it to get up-to-par with technology. I would LOVE a tablet for use in my room!

    Have a great weekend!

    Alisha
    First Grade Follies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alisha!

      Thanks :). Well I'm glad you are getting some money and will cross my fingers for some new technology for you! My district is definitely at the forefront of the school tech world. We recently went 1:1 in grades 4-12. All the money they should be paying their teachers is going to it though, haha.

      Delete
  3. I am laughing about your dirty tabletops... my peeve is that when students shove unfinished work into their desk with no intention of cleaning it up or of finishing the work. We are working at keeping the tops of our desks clean, but my idea was that the inside would be clean too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would drive me NUTS!! We have tables so I don't have to worry about the insides! I guess I should be thankful for that. BUT if it was in their desk, at least it wouldn't be visible (unless it's falling out!) haha :)

      Delete
  4. I'm so glad that "How I Met Your Mother" is coming back for another season... it would have been dreadful to quit without finding out who the mother is!

    Christy
    Teaching In Oz

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love HIMYM... and I can't wait for the ending!!! I'm your newest follower!!

    Elizabeth
    Mrs. Hodge and Her Kindergarten Kids

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are doing mclass next year too. Still waiting on ipads. Let's assess and assess and never teach again, right? Don't get me started.
    On the bright side...mini ipad is one cool toy!
    Don't forget to clean your tables :)
    tania
    My Second Sense

    ReplyDelete